Help is seeking a qualified professional to fill the position of Field Officer for its Emergency assistance programme to ensure support of programme activities in Kyiv and in the northern part of Ukraine.
- City: Kyiv
- Full or part-time employment : Full-time
- Willingness to take a person with a disability/student/veteran : Yes
- Higher Education : Required
- Contract period : 1 year with the possibility of extension
German organization «Help-Hilfe zur Selbsthilfe» (Help) is active worldwide for 40 years. We are currently implementing different programmes in more than 20 countries.
Since its inception in 1981, Help has been committed to providing people in need with prompt, sustainable, and long-term aid, and support. Help strengthens survivability, improves living conditions, and increases the resilience of people in difficulty worldwide.
Help is seeking a qualified professional to fill the position of Field Officer specializing in humanitarian aid in Kyiv. The Field Officer will work under the supervision of the Project Manager and the Project Coordinator and will be responsible for the implementation of programme activities in the humanitarian sector in the eastern part of Ukraine.
Location: The field Officer will be based in Kyiv, frequently traveling in the Kyiv region and northern Ukraine.
Starting date: ASAP
Duties and Responsibilities:
- Implement and monitor all project components within the Emergency assistance programme, focusing on Anticipatory Action, WASH, Shelter, and CASH.
- Identifying potential objects that can fit within HELP Programme criteria.
- Supervision of warehouse facility as a part of Anticipatory Action activity.
- Field trips at the initial and each stage of project implementation.
- Preparation of specifications in cooperation with the supervisor.
- Maintaining contacts with local partners, in cooperation with the supervisor.
- Informing counterparts about the state of the project implementation.
- Project activity reporting and documenting.
- Other duties as assigned by the supervisor.
Qualifications and Skills:
- Previous work experience in humanitarian assistance
- University degree preferable (within social sciences, economics etc.)
- A valid B driving license is a must
- Active knowledge of spoken and written English
- IT literacy
- Analytical and organizational skills
- Good communication and interpersonal skills, self-initiative, and responsibility
- Ability to work both independently and as a part of the team
Reporting and communication:
The Field Officer reports to the Project Manager according to the reporting procedure set by Help.
Please indicate the vacancy title you are applying for in the subject line. Additional proofs (diploma, references, etc.) are not needed.
Only those candidates that are short-listed for interviews will be notified.
We encourage qualified candidates to apply as soon as possible as the applications will be reviewed on a rolling basis.
Help is an equal opportunity employer and does not discriminate in its selection and employment practices on the basis of race, color, religion, sex, national origin, political affiliation, sexual orientation, gender identity, marital status, disability, genetic information, age, membership in an employee organization, or other non-merit factors.