- City: Uzhhorod
- Full or part-time employment : Full-time
- Willingness to take a person with a disability/student/veteran : Yes
- Higher Education : Required
- Contract period : 1 year with the possibility of extension
Help — Hilfe zur Selbsthilfe was founded in 1981 to support Afghan refugees. Today, we are active in more than 20 countries. Together with our worldwide partner organizations, we work daily to enable people in our project regions to lead self-determined and dignified lives.
Objective: The Field Officer will assist the project manager in planning, coordinating, and implementing project activities. The Field Officer will interact collaboratively with community representatives to ensure effective communication and documentation of project activities.
Key duties and responsibilities:
- Implementing emergency relief and development programs.
- Undertaking assignments in Zakarpattia, Ivano-Frankivsk, Lviv, and Volyn regions as part of a mobile team.
- Working on projects involving the distribution of multi-purpose cash assistance and cash for rental support to conflict-affected individuals.
- Collaborating with partners on Shelter kits provisioning.
- Engaging in projects related to micro and small business development support.
- Coordinating and monitoring the distribution of emergency humanitarian assistance such as food and hygiene kits, medications, and other items.
- Collaborating with local partners in preparing specifications for emergency humanitarian assistance.
- Maintaining contacts with local partners.
- Collecting, archiving, and regularly updating project-related documents such as contracts, proposals, orders, annexes, invoices, and reports.
- Informing beneficiaries and counterparts about project implementation progress.
- Ensuring project reporting and documentation.
- Monitoring all components of emergency relief and development projects.
- Performing other tasks as agreed upon with the manager.
Qualifications and experience:
- Desired higher education in social sciences, economics, or related fields.
- A valid driver’s license (Category B) and practical driving experience are required.
- Possessing a personal vehicle will be an advantage.
- Strong oral and written communication skills in English.
- IT literacy.
- Analytical and organizational abilities.
- Developed interpersonal and communication skills, initiative, and responsibility.
- Ability to work both independently and as part of a team.
- Ability to learn quickly and adapt to new tasks.
- Willingness to undertake intensive fieldwork.
Reporting: The Field Officer will report directly to the Project Manager.
Interested candidates are invited to send their CVs in English and Cover Letters to firstname.lastname@example.org as soon as possible.
Please include the job title as the subject of the email. Additional confirmations (diplomas, letters of recommendation, etc.) are optional at this stage.
Only those candidates that are shortlisted for interviews will be notified.
Candidates with disability are encouraged to apply.
We encourage qualified candidates to submit resumes as soon as possible, as applications will be considered on a rolling basis.
Help is an equal opportunity employer and does not discriminate in its selection and employment practices on the basis of race, color, religion, sex, national origin, political affiliation, sexual orientation, gender identity, marital status, disability, genetic information, age, membership in an employee organization, or other non-merit factors.