Project aim focuses on emergency assistance to the Nova Kakhovka dam incident victims.
- Period: 08.06.2023 - 9.09.2023
- Donor: Aktion Deutschland Hilft, Help — Hilfe zur Selbsthilfe
- Budget: 500,000.00 €
- Region: Southern Ukraine
- Target group: Flood-affected people
Due to the dam failure, many settlements in Kherson Oblast were submerged, and parts of the Dnipro, Kherson, and Zaporizhzhia regions were left without a centralized water supply. Such situations require a rapid response, as it is necessary to quickly provide the affected population with everything they need to overcome the consequences.
During the project, it was implemented:
- As a part of the rapid response, 715 beneficiaries from the Kherson region received multipurpose cash assistance. 30 payments are underway.
- Monitoring visits were made to communities in the Dinpro region to assess the impact of the floods.
- 24 pumps, necessary for drainage and pumping of sewage from flooded streets and homes of about 13 thousand residents, were handed over to Dar’ivka, Chornobaiivka, and Tiahynka territorial communities.
- 3712 water purification tablets we have delivered to the Bilozerska, Dar’ivka, Kalynivka, Nova Kakhovka, Tiahynka, Kherson, and Chornobaivka territorial communities.
- 6600 bottles of drinking water were provided to 3 communities in Kherson region.
The project is implemented with the financial support of Aktion Deutschland Hilft and Help — Hilfe zur Selbsthilfe.